Today I’ll show you two ways to change your default email client on Windows 10: first using the search box, and second using the Start button and Settings screen.
- Note* Some older email clients may not show an icon in the drop-down list as they haven’t updated their code for Windows 10.
- Note* For Gmail choose Google Chrome as your default email app
Change Default Email Client via Search Box
- Type “Default Apps” into the Windows search box (bottom-left of your screen on the taskbar)
- Look for the “Default Apps (System Settings)” search result and click it on
- Look for the “Mail” heading and click on the icon underneath
- Choose your desired default email client from the drop-down list
- Wait a few seconds and you’re all done
Change Default Email Client via Start Button
Sometimes the Windows 10 search box may not be available, in that case use these instructions.
- Click the “Start” button (bottom-left corner Windows logo icon)
- Click the “Settings” gear icon (usually second from bottom)
- Now click the “Apps” icon in the Windows Settings window
- On the left-pane, click on “Default Apps“
- Look for the “Mail” heading, then click on the icon below it
- Choose your desired email client from the list
- Wait a few seconds and you’re done
Watch the YouTube Video