Today I’ll show you two ways to change your default email client on Windows 10: first using the search box, and second using the Start button and Settings screen.
Change Default Email Client via Search Box
- Type “Default Apps” into the Windows search box (bottom-left of your screen on the taskbar)
- Look for the “Default Apps (System Settings)” search result and click it on
- Look for the “Mail” heading and click on the icon underneath
- Choose your desired default email client from the drop-down list
- Wait a few seconds and you’re all done
- Note* Some older email clients may not show an icon in the drop-down list as they haven’t updated their code for Windows 10.
Change Default Email Client via Start Button
Sometimes the Windows 10 search box may not be available, in that case use these instructions.
- Click the “Start” button (bottom-left corner Windows logo icon)
- Click the “Settings” gear icon (usually second from bottom)
- Now click the “Apps” icon in the Windows Settings window
- On the left-pane, click on “Default Apps“
- Look for the “Mail” heading, then click on the icon below it
- Choose your desired email client from the list
- Wait a few seconds and you’re done
Watch the YouTube Video