(Continued from page 2)
21. Select a Debian Archive Mirror Country (usually your current location).
22. Select an Archive Mirror (any selection should work).
23. Leave HTTP Proxy blank and click Continue (unless you have a proxy server you want to connect to).
24. Debian will now configure the Package Manager and update any software.
Select Software and Other Options
25. Select Yes to Participate in the package usage survey? option (recommended).
26. Select Debian desktop environment and Standard system utilities options, others are optional (I suggest web server and SSH server).
27. Select Yes to the Install GRUB boot-loader… option (you must do this otherwise Debian won’t boot)
28. Select the hard disk you installed Debian on for the Device for bootloader installation option (usually
29. Installation is now complete. You can remove the USB flash drive or DVD from your machine and click Continue.
30. After rebooting, you will need to login with standard username and password (not root) to see your desktop.
I hope you enjoyed my guide for installing Debian and it all went well. If you had any trouble or just want to chat, use the comment section below.