Before we start changing the language in Microsoft Edge (Spartan) we need to see what version you’re running. There are two versions of Microsoft edge: Spartan (2014-2019) and Anaheim (2019-present) so let’s see which version you’re running:
- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & Features, then scroll through the list and find Microsoft Edge
- If it shows the Version number, take note and move to step 4. otherwise go to step 3
- Click on Microsoft Edge > Advanced Options, and under Specifications heading look for the Version
- If your version is 44 or lower, you’re running the Spartan version. You can continue with this guide.
- If your version is 77 or higher, you’re running the Anaheim version. You need to see my other guide.
Change browser language in Microsoft Edge (Spartan)
1. Go to Start > Settings > Time & Language
2. Click Language in the left-side pane, then click Add a preferred language
3. Type your language into search bar or scroll through to find it. Select your language and click Next
4. Leave everything at defaults and click Install (may take a minute or two)
5. Select your language, then click the up arrow to move it to top position
6. Once your new language is at top position, reboot your computer
7. On the login screen, click the language icon bottom-right and choose the language you normally used before we made changes, then enter your login details (this is your keyboard input language)
8. Once you’re logged in, click the language icon again bottom-right and choose your new language
9. Open up Microsoft Edge and visit Google.com, the page should be displayed in your new language (please note: not all websites have different languages available, it’s usually only larger websites like Google, Wikipedia etc)