Today I’ll show you how to change your default web browser on Windows 11. Microsoft have made it a bit tricky to do this due to the ongoing browser wars, but I’ll guide you through it. I am using Google Chrome in this tutorial.
How to change your default web browser in Windows 11
- Click Start, then Settings
- Click Apps, then Default apps
- Enter your apps name in the search box below the Set defaults for applications heading (i.e. “Chrome”), then click on the search result (i.e. Google Chrome)
- Click the Set default button
- You chosen browser will now be the default app for websites
Hopefully you now have the browser you want as default on Windows 11. If you had any issues, hit me up in the comments or socials/email.