Today I’ll show you how to change the default email client on Windows 10. By default, Windows 10/11 has the “Mail” program as default which is not ideal for many users.
- Change Default Email Client on Windows 10
- Video: Change default email client on Windows 10
- See Also
- Further Reading
Change Default Email Client on Windows 10Notes
- Some older email clients may not show up in the dropdown list
- For Gmail, choose Google Chrome as your email client
- Click the “Start” Button (Windows logo bottom-left of your screen), then click “Settings”
- Click “Apps”
- Click “Default Apps” from the left-side menu, then under the “Email” heading, click the current default app icon
- Choose your default email client
Video: Change default email client on Windows 10
You should now have your preferred email app as default on Windows 10/11. If you had any issues, hit me up in the comments or socials/email.
- How to change your default web browser in Windows 11
- What version of Windows 10 do I have?
- All About Windows 10
Thank you for the valuable article, however, in my case, I have to refresh my email to receive email. Is it normal?
Richie Brereton #
Hi Bharat, when you say refresh, do you mean send/receive? cheers, Rich