When I was a computer technician, some of my clients had a massive amount of temporary data on there computers, sometimes up to 20 gigabyte! As you can imagine, having that much data can slow down your web browser immensely. It’s also good for security as cleaning out old cookies that hold login sessions can be a security risk.
Choose your web browser from the list below.
- Clear Internet Browser History
- See Also
- Further Reading
Clear Internet Browser History
- Click Customize & Control (top-right, three vertical dots ⋮), then click Settings
- Click Privacy & Security on the left side menu, then scroll to and click Clear browsing data
- Select a Time range, then check Browsing History, and optionally check Cookies and Cached Files
- Click the Clear data button
- Click Application Menu (top-right, three horizontal lines ☰), then click Settings
- Click Privacy & Security from the left menu, then scroll down to History and click the Clear History button
- Select a Time range and check Browsing & download history. Check other options as you wish, then click OK
- Click the Easy Setup icon (top-right, three horizontal lines ☰)
- Scroll down to Privacy & Security -> Browsing Data, then click the Clear data button
- Select a Time range, then check Browsing history. Check other options as you wish, then click Clear data
- Click Settings & more (top-right, three horizontal lines …), then click Settings
- Click Privacy, search, and services from the left menu, scroll to Clear browsing data and click the Choose what to clear button
- Select a Time range and check Browsing history. Check other options as you wish, then click Clear now
- Open Safari and click History from the top menu, then click Clear History
- Select a Time range, then click Clear History
Now you know how to clear Internet browser history you can do it regularly to keep your web browser running smoothly. Remember that every time you visit a website, all the data (images, text, scripts, video, audio etc.) are actually downloaded to your computer and stored on disk. That’s why cleaning up your computer regularly is a must. If you have any questions or comments, leave them below or contact me on socials/email.
- How to Service a Windows PC like a Pro
- How to change your default web browser in Windows 11
- How to defragment hard drive on Windows 11
- Fix Windows with System File Checker
There are currently no comments on this article.